You can use two different tools to create and manage tables: the Standard Table or the Content Type Table. Each is useful for different purposes.
When you need to create a very simple table, one where you do not need advanced features such as the ability to sort data or automatically shade every other row, you can use the Standard Table. Standard Tables with invisible borders are also good for creating two or more columns of information.
To create and edit a Standard Table:
1. Edit the text of a web page. More information on How to edit a page.
2. From the tool bar, select the "Table" icon.
3. You will see the "Create / Edit Table" box. Select the number of rows and columns for the table, as well as any other options you would like such as the width, background color, etc. Click OK to create the table.
4. Now that you have created the table, you can enter information into the cells of the table.
5. If you would like to edit the properties of the table, such as inserting or deleting a row, put your cursor in a cell of the table and click on the "Table" icon on the tool bar. You will see the "Edit Cell" box:
You can use this box to modify properties of the table.
Content Type Table
When you need to create a more advanced table, one where you would like to use advanced features such as the ability to sort data or automatically shade every other row, you can use the Content Type Table.
To create and edit a Content Type Table:
1. Select the "Tables" button from the icon bar in the editing window.
2. Click on the "Add Table" icon, and enter the information to describe the new table:
3. Click on the "Properties" icon to edit the data and the layout of the table.
4. To add a new row to the table, click on the "Add row" icon at the bottom of the table.
5. To delete a row, click on the "Manage row" icon to the left of the row you want to delete, and then select "Delete".
6. To sort the table, or to move or add columns, click on the "Manage column" icon above the row you want to manage:.
7. To automatically shade every row of the table, click on the "Properties" icon in the upper left hand corner of the table and specify the colors:
8. When you are finished edit the table, click on the "Finish editing table" button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Please be patient! It can take a while to process large tables.
Return to How to get started using Web Builder Express
Return to the Summary page.