Before you can add a fill-in-form to your web page, you must design the fill-in-form.
1. When you first log into Web Builder Express, you see the Summary page. Edit the web page where you want to place the form by selecting "Web Pages".
2. Click on the "Edit Page" icon to begin editing the page.
3. Select the content area where you would like to put the form by clicking an area that turns gray.
Note that the entire content area will be replaced with the contents of the form you are about to design.
For information on how to select a page layout that will allow multiple content areas (for example, some text and a fill-in-form), see How to select your page layout. If you need to change the layout from one type to another, be sure to copy all the existing content to your clip board to save it, and they place it back into a content area after you've selected the new layout.
4. Select the "Fill-In-Forms" button.
5. Create a new form by selecting the "Add Fill-In-Form" link.
6. Complete the form with the following information:
- Name for the new form: This is the name of the new form, which you will use to identify the form inside Web Builder Express.
- Send form results to this e-mail: When a visitor to your site completes a fill-in-form, Web Builder Express will send the information in the form to this e-mail address.
- Subject subject of e-mail results: When a visitor to your site completes a fill-in-form, Web Builder Express will send the information in the form to the e-mail address you specify in the "Send form results to this e-mail address" field. The subject of the e-mail will contain the text you specify here.
After you have entered this information, click on the "OK" button.
7. Select the "Edit Question" button
8. Click on the "Add Question" link to add new questions to the form.
9. For each question you would like to ask on the form, fill-in the following information:
- Select Question Type: Select the type (or format) of the question:
- Text box - a small area for entering free-form text
- Combo box - drop down list from which the visitor can select only one item
- Check boxes - list of items from which the visitor can select one, many, or all items
- Radio buttons - list of items from which the visitor can select only one item
- Text area - a large area for entering free-format text
- Enter Question: This is the text that will appear next to the question
- Enter Answers: If you select a "Question Type" that provides a pre-defined list of options (combo box, check box, or radio button), enter the possible answer values here.
10. Continue entering questions until you have finished the design of your form.
- You can use the up and down arrows to arrange the order of the questions.
- You can use the "edit" icon to change a question
- You can use the "delete" icon to delete a question
11. Click the "select" icon next to the fill-in-form you would like to place on the page.
Return to How to get started using Web Builder Express
Return to the Summary page.